FOSTERING NDIGENOUS RELATIONS
To achieve this, we have established a Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Commitment with the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB). As part of this commitment, we invest in policies, procedures, and programs that help us achieve full PAR Certification in the future. We also have an Indigenous Relations Working Committee made up of internal team members who develop proactive plans, practices, and policies to establish Melewka as a recognized leader in corporate performance for Indigenous relations.
- At Melewka Structures & Design, we prioritize promoting Indigenous cultural awareness, education, and respect within our company.
- We are committed to recruiting, training, mentoring, and retaining Indigenous team members.
- We support the development and realization of Indigenous community infrastructure needs through project development.
- Our procurement practices are inclusive and supportive of capacity building with Indigenous community subcontractors and suppliers.
- We strive to establish long-term Indigenous community partnerships and create sustainable economic development opportunities.
We are committed to inclusive and supportive procurement practices for capacity building with Indigenous community subcontractors and suppliers, as well as the recruitment, training, mentoring, and retention of Indigenous team members. Our goal is to provide project development support and realization for Indigenous community infrastructure needs, while building long-term partnerships with Indigenous communities and sustainable economic development opportunities.